Microsoft Excel Seminar 2: Doing more with Excel calculations
Target audience: People who are comfortable creating simple calculations in Excel, and who are able to use tools such as the AutoSum button, but would like to know more about what Excel can do in this area.
Making your formulas more reliable
- Absolute and relative references (using the $ symbol in your formulas)
- Naming ranges and values to make formulas simpler and easier to read
- Using tools to show how one cell relates to other cells
Variations on existing functions
- COUNTIF, COUNTIFS and COUNTA
Testing for values and looking up information
- VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP
- ISERROR, ISNA and other tests
- Working with dates
- Using TODAY to return today’s date
- Calculating the difference between two dates
- Using NETWORKDAYS to find the number of working days between two dates
For more information on how our Power Seminars series works, see the Microsoft Office Power Seminars overview page.